5 Easy hacks to reduce sugar March 23 2018
If you're keen to cut sugar consumption - your breakfast is a great place to start.
Below are 5 easy ideas to help you reduce sugar and still love breakfast followed with a quick easy breakfast idea.
1. Choose a low sugar muesli. All my 5 cereals blends are refined sugar free and less than 7.5 grams per serve - the Healthy Blend is only 1.3grams per serve.
2. Choose a muesli made from real wholefoods (not wheat, rice, corn or barley flakes) - not only will you eat less to be satisfied, it will also keep you fuller for longer and slowly and evenly release its energy. None of my cereals contain wheat, rice or corn.
3. Measure your portion out. It's easy to over serve and then over eat, when you buy my muesli on line your first order comes with a free portion spoon.
4. Choose a plain yoghurt, ideally less than 5grams of sugar per 100 grams and only containing milk products and culture. My favourite is Cyclops unsweetened ones, the Go Pala range is great too but not as creamy.
5. Add seasonal fresh fruit for flavour and sweetness.
Here's an easy, low sugar, filling and delicious breakfast idea that will give you the perfect start to your day.
1 x portion spoon of Te Atatu Toasted Health Blend Muesli
1 x portion spoon thick plain yoghurt
1/2 a grated apple
a dash of milk
Mix all together & enjoy!
In the picture above I also added a sprinkling of Peach and Passionfruit Paleo Blend ontop - because it is yummy!
You can eat this straight away, or let it soften slightly while you get ready for your day or even make it the night before and leave it to soak in the fridge overnight.