I made these as a pudding when I had friends over, and they loved it - one said that it was her favourite dessert ever! It is also low sugar, low carb, gluten free and vegan, so it is a great go-to when you have dietary needs to accommodate.
2c almond meal
3T coconut oil
3T maple syrup
Pinch of salt
2c frozen blueberries
1T maple syrup
2t lemon juice
2 1/2t cornflour (or tapioca flour)
Pinch of salt
1c Te Atatu Toasted Paleo blend muesli
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients until it forms a dough. Remove 1/2c of the dough and put aside in a bowl.
- Press the remaining dough into the prepared tin and bake for 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Add the filling ingredients to a saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and stir the mixture, mashing a little as you go. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread the blueberry mixture over the crust.
- Mix the muesli into the dough that was set aside and crumble it over top of the blueberry mixture.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper or foil over top of the tray and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the top baking paper and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Serve with a dollop of cream or yoghurt.
Our mission is to provide you with a delicious range of natural, wholefood breakfast cereals free from additives so you can enjoy a quick, convenient, healthy breakfast every day.